This was going to be a salad... specifically, Buckwheat Soba Noodle Salad. Well, it was a pretty chilly night so I decided to make it into a cooked dish instead.As you can probably see the base of this was buckwheat soba noodles. These noodles are so tasty but I was disappointed that they do contain wheat so I may not be eating them too much. Buckwheat is good, wheat has gluten, oh well.
The veggie topping is grated carrots, red cabbage, green onions, cilantro and toasted sesame seeds. I toasted the seeds first and then threw in the veggies. Also added a sauce made of 3 T. of sesame oil, 2 T. of wheat free tamari, 2 T. brown rice vinegar, 1 T. maple syrup, 1 t. chili oil and some garlic.
Topping it all off with some flounder, encrusted with arrowroot powder and sesame seeds, sauted in sesame oil. For improvising (which I hardly ever do) this turned out wonderful! Basically the same ingredients can work as a cold salad (minus the flounder).
Our friend Barry Davies stopped by with fresh asparagus today (and it was wonderful BTW - he does purple and green). He had not seen me since December and said how good I looked. Yeah, and I feel great too.
No comments:
Post a Comment