Monday, April 19, 2010

Chocolate Truffles

Richard was kind of amazed that I did not need to cook these and they are so easy to make, good tasting too! The ingredients are simply 2 cups of raw walnuts, 1 cup of medjool dates pitted (nice sweet and soft dates), 4-6 Tablespoons of cocoa ( I use organic raw cacao), and shredded organic coconut.

Grind up the walnuts first in a food processor. Then add dates and cocoa powder and combine in the processor. Roll into truffle-sized balls and then roll them around on a plate full of coconut.

We just got back from Hopkins, another good visit, markers continue on their downward trend. I am going to have another spine MRI soon to see how things are going. I have some numbness in my right toes so it may be due to nerve damage. It is not very bad but sometimes bothers me at night. Anyway, it is good to be back home. The Baltimore traffic is just too crazy for me. Once a month is definitely enough. We did stop at Trader Joes in Annapolis to pick up a few goodies for tonight's curry delight but that was it. More later!

No comments: