Wednesday, April 7, 2010

A Nutty Smoothie

I am always looking for something new for breakfast. Gone of the days of toast with jelly, coffee and sugary cereals. I am on a quest and right now smoothies are definitely my favorite. My usual breakfast smoothie consists of a banana, chocolate flavored InflamX mix (from my Naturopath), a handful of frozen organic berries and a cup or so of chocolate almond milk. So now to try something different - the "Energizing Berry Nut Smoothie." It was good, no doubt about it but perhaps a bit too rich. The recipe says 1-2 servings but it is definitely a 2 serving mix. I got a bit of a tummy ache from drinking both servings. Such is the life of a guinea pig!

Blend all these items together: 1/2 to 1 cup of raw cashews, rice milk, a banana, 1/2 cup of blueberries, 1/2 cup of cherries (frozen versions are good if fresh is not available - I like to defrost them first because ultra cold food does not agree with me).

Easy peazy.

No comments: