First of all, I am going to tell you that I feel wonderful, better than I have felt in years. I am sure I have mentioned that I am seeing a Naturopathic Doctor, Stefany Porter who is helping me immensely. No, I have not forsaken my doctors at Johns Hopkins - I am still go there monthly but I knew I could feel a lot better and wanted to have more energy. Last week Dr. Porter gave me the results of my allergy blood test. I was not surprised that I was allergic to dairy and cane sugar (and sugars ending in "ose" like fructose). But the big surprise was olives, olive oil and ginger, some of my favorite foods! Well, as soon as I stopped eating them I felt great. Amazing.I am continuing the whole foods diet but of course, tweaking it a bit. Instead of olive oil, I am using sesame and coconut oils. So far, so good. I am still eating a wild caught fish and now and then some organic meats, mostly from local farmers. I know enough about non-organic meats to really scare me. I am eating less meat and mostly trying to think of it as a side dish.
So here is a healthier meat dish that we liked. I will preface this by saying I cooked this before I knew about my olive problem. I will have to find a substitute if I make this Chicken Fricassee again.
First of all, I really liked the coating for the chicken bits in this recipe, much nicer and lighter than flour or bread crumbs. It consists of arrowroot powder, sea salt, ground pepper and dried thyme.
First saute the chicken pieces then add garlic, diced tomatoes, white wine vinegar, a bit of tomato paste, a bit of water, artichoke hearts, kalamata olives (oh how I miss them), basil and oregano. It just needs to simmer for about 25 minutes. Lastly added baby spinach. I served to over Tinkyata rice spiral noodles (really yummy).
No comments:
Post a Comment