Monday, April 12, 2010

Fabulous cherry apple pudding with almond cream

This recipe really tasted good. I know, hard to tell from this photo but trust me, it was very good.

The pudding itself is thickened with kudzu powder - the Japanese version of this is called kuzu dissolved in water and geez it turned kind of solid so I added a bit more water. The rest of the pudding consisted of organic apple juice, frozen cherries and organic maple syrup, blended. After that I stirred it into the kuzu and cooked/stirred it until it became quite thick. From there I divided it up into the dessert cups shown in the photo.

The almond cream is the best part. It is so good. It is simply blended raw cashews, maple syrup, water, vanilla and almond extract.

I have never had much of a sweet tooth before but I am really enjoying the desserts in this cookbook. Maybe it is because they are not overly sweet.

I had a bit of a scare with one of my eyes - I was seeing strange flashes over the weekend. I did get in to see my opthamologist today and was relieved to find out it was just a loosening of the gel in the retina. He said it should get better but wanted to check on it again in a month. It could have been a tear in the retina or worse yet, a tumor. But everything is fine. Old age is not for sissies.

No comments: