Monday, January 19, 2009

An Eventful Day, Full of Surprises

I had no idea what would happen when I got out of bed this morning. Amazing, I was named "Feature Member of the Week!" by the the CSL forum. I was quite surprised to say the least. CSL is the brainchild of Kris Carr, author of the wonderful inspiring book "Crazy Sexy Cancer." Her website is worth visiting if you are not familiar with it. Kris has inspired many people with cancer and so many others who are seeking wellness. CSL is the forum in the site called "My Crazy Sexy Life." I am so flattered that they thought to give me this honor.

And then there is the Obama transition. My friend Liz went to the concert on the Mall yesterday and said it was wonderful. Everything I see is so inspiring, so elating. It's like a dream coming true, I guess it is!!!

Amidst all that elation I was saddened to hear of the early and untimely deaths of two people in our Easton Community, the guidance counselor at the local high school and the husband of one of our former employees. Neither of these people fit the profile of someone who might die at mid-life. So life is terminal, it is just hard to accept that sometimes especially when it comes too early.

No comments: