
Friday, one of the Maryland Historical Trust Heritage Book Awards was given to Paul Baker Touart, my favorite author. Of course he is probably my favorite because I design his books and this is the third huge volume in his architectural inventory series - 600 pages. We all traveled to Old St. Paul's Cathedral (aptly named) in Baltimore to get the award. Another Eastonian, Polly Shannahan, also received a preservation award and Greg Torchio, one of our architect clients was given a restoration design award. So all in all the eastern shore of Maryland was well represented Friday night.
And I am still recovering, still tired from the sickness I had but feeling much better, just napping a lot. Katherine, my acupuncturist says Spring is a difficult season for the body to adjust to. I have a much better time in the fall when I seem to be energized by the oncoming cool weather.
We are just heading into that sticky hot Maryland weather but mostly the days are nice now and relaxing. We seem to be getting enough rain to avoid a drought this year and I know the frogs are happy about that. I saw a nice big patch of frog eggs in one of the ponds today.
No comments:
Post a Comment