I have heard of the super bugs in hospitals, read about them too and their resistance to antibiotics. Since I only visit the hospital and blood lab once a month I really did not think I was that vulnerable. Well, I got the wake up call. I still do not have the results of my tests to point the finger at the exact one but my doctor still thinks it is probably C-diff. There are others as well, MRSA is more powerful and I am glad I did not have that. I am also happy that the antibiotic seems to be working. I heard from a friend who's children had MRSA and they were quarantined for a long time until the antibiotics could work. The picture I posted was from the hand of a health care worker who had touched a patient with C-diff. Looks like the little guys are pretty prolific and guess what? Those alcohol-based hand cleaners? Not effective against C-diff. So wash your hands often with soap and very thoroughly when in a medical setting. And don't touch your face or eat unless you have washed.
This thing hit me Friday before last. I picked up my antibiotics last Monday and I still have one more day on them. My energy level tells me I am not out of the woods yet but that may be a side effect of the horrendous antibiotic, Flagyl, that I am taking. I have headaches, metallic tongue, nausea and achy joints from it. Tomorrow I get an acupuncture appointment which should give me a boost. I am so ready to feel normal again.
2 comments:
That is one scary handprint. Sure hope you're feeling better by now.
Much better!!! Just took the last bitter pill.
Post a Comment