It has always been a mystery to us but our Tookie Bear can spend hours with her head in these grasses. Looking at what? We are not sure but for a schipperke it is very entertaining no doubt. We have spent the weekend at Pt. Lookout State Park at the mouth of the Potomac River near Scotland, Maryland. It was a nice break and I did a lot of resting. I still am not quite myself and have frequent headaches and nausea. But I am not one to whine and am doing well, thanks to Richard who has been taking good care of me lately. How lucky can a girl be?
And speaking of grasses, much of the Pt. Lookout park forest has been invaded by phragmites, an invasive grass that came in ship's ballasts from Europe. It is the worst invasion I have seen around here. There is a native species that is smaller and less aggressive but this species is 10 or 15 ft. tall and everywhere.
Also a note on asparagus - we have the last of the eastern shore crop but we are finding that grilling it with a bit of olive oil and Adobo on aluminum foil is the newest, tastiest recipe.
1 comment:
This photo of Tookie Bear is so cute. Aren't dogs wonderful. Leexx
Post a Comment