Saturday, October 18, 2008

My nephew, Nigel

My sister Alice just sent me the latest shot of Nigel the cat who obviously enjoys lying around the house. He is one large cat and he is actually as large as or larger than my smallest dog, Tookie Bear.

So where have I been? When we returned from vacation I "hit the ground running" at work. After over two years of hard work we are finally winding up the latest Paul Touart architectural history book. This one covers Wicomico County, including the city of Salisbury, Maryland. It is also huge: 642 pages at last count. In the past few days I reviewed every page and every photo to make sure they would print correctly. Yesterday (Friday) we sent it off to Manitoba, Canada where it will be printed by Friesens, a large book printer.

On the health front things are still steadily improving. I have stiff muscles a lot of the time and I think it is time to get into a more serious exercise activity, probably at the local Y. Pool exercising seems to work the best for me.

On the economic front it sounds like things are terrible. The good news is grandmothers are still buying baby cups so our internet site is rumbling along as is our design business where we still have numerous projects. New projects coming in are mainly internet sites. I think people see that as the best way to advertise these days.

No comments: