Wednesday, August 13, 2008

A few of my favorite things

Hi all, still feeling better and better every day! I now exercise daily and continue to do an almost regular work load. I do take time for myself like never before though. I especially love my sessions in the pool and looks like I will be continuing with my favorite therapist, Susan, for at least another month.

Cooking is one of the first activities that I have added back on the road to normalcy. Two of my favorite "horse doovers" now are sauteed eggplant with goat cheese and honey and fresh figs with blue cheese or goat cheese. The figs are easy, just slice in half and add a slice of cheese on top. The eggplant is a bit more complex but well worth the trouble. Soak eggplant slices in milk, dredge in flour and saute until golden. Add a dollop of goat cheese on top and drizzle with good honey-comb honey. Remember the photo of my eggplants when they looked like eggs? Well, we ate them tonight and they were the best!

No comments: