Hello Everyone - Friends and Family. This is my first day of blogging, a lot to tell everyone how I am doing. As you may know I am not as well as I once was, at least according to all the doctors but am nevertheless feeling quite good and enjoying the day. The Schipperke in my lap is Suki, better known as "Tookie Bear." She needs lots of hugs, more than most dogs and certainly more than our other two dogs, Skylar and Tater. Yesterday was my last day on radiation (yeah - rads!) to my shoulder and I can tell you it feels like a new shoulder that moves in all directions, even picks up little 15-pound dogs. Among my heroes are Dwayne and Natalia, my "target shooters" at Johns Hopkins who are very good at what they do. Dr. Richard Zellars and his side-kick nurse Michelle are the planners and facilitators and such good people they are. Anyway, I have 4 more days of rads, one more for the right femur and 4 more for the menace, my ninth rib on the right side that has been torturing me for weeks! (months?) Anyway, the journey is almost over, at least in Rad-ville.
I am hoping to be pretty regular at this blog so I can share progress, thoughts etc. Stay tuned!!
No comments:
Post a Comment