Sunday, November 21, 2010

One Happy Frog

Yes, I am one happy frog. I had a clear CT scan. Hooray, hooray. Two and a half years ago I never imagined that I would feel this good. I imagined that it would be a slow slog downhill, taking stronger and stronger drugs until I wasted away. Well, instead I am living an incredibly healthy lifestyle and feeling great. It seems even more miraculous to me because the average survival time for this disease from diagnosis is 20 months. Geesh, really? Maybe I am lucky, not sure. I know I am doing everything I can to do to keep the monster at bay. I really feel that the combination of professionals at Johns Hopkins, my naturopath, my acupuncturist and my pilates teacher are making all this possible. Plus, I listen to what they say and I do everything I can to let my body know I want to live. I have to give credit too to Kris Carr who inspired me in the first place, author of Crazy Sexy Cancer. She just published a new book, Crazy Sexy Diet.

The other thing that amazes me is I no longer have pain. After my surgery last summer I started to feel great and even now I rarely take something as mild as Tylenol.

Now I am not entirely in the clear. This week I will be getting a bone scan to see if things are healing or getting worse. But I can tell you my bones no longer hurt and they feel strong. So onward! Hopping for joy.

1 comment:

Joyce said...

YEA!!! So glad to get this news, have a wonderful Thanksgiving!