Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Soup Glorious Soup

I am smitten with this incredible butternut squash soup. It is so good and gives me huge energy. I even eat it for breakfast! This is another recipe from the incredible Whole Life Nutrition Cookbook. It was also very simple. I cut up around 4 lbs. of butternut squash that came from my wonderful CSA. Then with my large soup kettle sauteed onion (1 large, chopped) until tender. After that 6 cloves of crushed garlic (also from my CSA) and a few squirts of Mcilhenny's Tabasco Sauce. the book recommends red chili flakes but I could not find mine. I sauteed that for a couple of minutes more. Next I added the cubed squash bits, 28 ounces of canned diced tomatoes, 2 cans of coconut milk, and 4 cups of organic chicken stock (book recommends veggie stock). I let that cook for 30 minutes and then pulverized it in the Cusinart in batches. The last bit was 2 teaspoons of sea salt and 1/2 cup of chopped fresh cilantro. We ate it for several days and then tonight I threw in sliced baby bella mushrooms, wild rice and just a bit of Amish sausage.

I also made Herbed Foccacia Bread from the same cookbook. It was good for a rice flour bread. Well more than good - it was very good. Unfortunately the olive oil had a bad effect on me so I guess I am still allergic to it. I am going to try it again with sesame oil.

I am still awaiting results of my CT Scan but really not with bated breath. Honestly, after so much testing and this and that, I no longer feel the need to know immediately. Perhaps ignorance is bliss, well yes it is! All I know is I feel great. I am really feeling strong with all my pilates and swimming. Dr. Porter, my nutritionist, has encouraged me to do saunas and skin brushing and that has been good too. I am feeling incredibly optimistic.

1 comment:

Atlanta Plastic Surgeons said...

I know the butterflies in the stomach when you are awaiting your medical reports.they are like life exams.All the best and whatever comes out of it just fight back like a valiant soldier.

breast reconstruction surgery Los Angeles