Earlier this week Shore Health System in Easton invited the ACE students to an architectural charrette and it was fantastic. The students were really inspired by Tony Kelly, the resident Shore Health architect and 2 architects from HKS in Dallas. They talked a lot about the design process, software and future careers. The students were all mesmerized (and so was I). For those of you not familiar with ACE Mentor Program, it is a high school level program for students interested in architecture, construction management and engineering. I do the publicity for the local program and much of the design for ACE National (including the current logo).I did not cook much this week so I don't have any new recipes. I felt pretty tired because I had to take antibiotics for a minor but nagging infection. Anyway, I feel better now and this time I did not suffer any stomach upset. I learned this secret "tummy elixer" from my Naturopath, Dr. Porter. Basically down your antibiotic pill after a good sized meal and wash it down with this mixture: A cup of rice milk, slightly warmed, 1/4 tsp. of a good probiotic powder (I use HLC High Potency Powder from Pharmax), 1/2 tsp. of slippery elm powder, and a tsp. of molasses. Saves the day!
It is pretty chilly here for the Eastern Shore but we are cozy, sitting by the wood stove. I am slow cooking a big pot of venison stew, smelling good.
No comments:
Post a Comment