So where have I been? Well, just here - sleeping like a dog. Yes it has been a dog's life getting over a stomach bug that hit me last week. Richard was lucky and only had it for one day but because my immune system is not as good as his, I was treated to five days - what fun.Anyway, I did find out how much dogs sleep and I must say I think they have a pretty good system. I am feeling very rested and relaxed and at any moment I could go out running and barking after a squirrel.
As you can see the front windows in our house are situated perfectly for dog television. They love to watch the goings on in the yard and on the deck. Squirrels, frogs, skinks, birds and sometimes even a stray dog or cat can get the pack going. The only drawback for us humans is all the nose prints on the glass.
As a result of this stomach thing, my adventures in cooking have really slowed down. It is Memorial Day weekend so I purchased corn, tomatoes, grass-fed burger and steaks at the Amish Market, and potatoes for salad. My CSA is still supplying an abundance of lettuce and asparagus so there are plenty of green veggies too. Tonight we might have a change and grill some fish. I will still be blogging on my cooking adventures but will need to do a bit more research to find some interesting salads and things more appropriate for hot weather. Did I mention I picked a bushel of shitakes too? Our fridge is so full and I am just getting my appetite back.
Happy summer - looks like it is here!
No comments:
Post a Comment