This lentil recipe is pretty easy and goes nice with a fresh salad. I got out my favorite retro bean pot for this one.Preheat the oven at 350. On the stovetop heat a tablespoon of olive or sesame oil and add a chopped medium-sized red onion and 1 or 2 cloves of crushed garlic. Saute for 3 minutes. Then add 2 carrots diced, 1 1/2 t. dried thyme, 1 t. of garem masala, 1 t. sea salt and stir to coat. Saute for a few minutes more, then add 2 cups of fresh or frozen chopped spinach. Stir. When the spinach is cooked add 2 T. of red wine vinegar and stir. Then add 3/4 cup of beluga or green lentils (I am a big fan of black beluga lentils - great taste and texture), 1/2 cup of brown basmati or jasmine rice and 4 cups of water. Mix. Pour into the bean pot and bake covered for 1 hour and 25 minutes.
I can't believe how fast this week has flown. It is probably because we are so busy at work.
No comments:
Post a Comment