I am a child of winter and I realize it more and more as the years go by. I was after all, born in deep December in Michigan. Living in Maryland I miss the snow, especially new snow on a quiet night or a sunny morning, not the old grey slushy stuff that seems to appear in February or March. I have some favorite places on the internet where I go to look at the snow. Snowmancam.com (shown left) is particularly fun in Gaylord, MI. Also mtu.edu (Michigan Tech in Houghton) has a terrific Winter Carnival that happens in early February. If you look at their cams you will see huge snow sculptures just starting to happen. My alma mater, Michigan State University has a cam that I visit as well. Another UP (yooper) site is johndee.com. John is a freelance weather guy who loves snow and has a lot of nice photos in his journal.
This week has been a big exercise week for me and I am loving it. Still getting in the pool 3 times a week and my weekly pilates. I have added Qigong twice a week for an hour. It is a great workout and at the same time very relaxing. I find it has many of the same effects as acupuncture as it gets the qi flowing, very healing.
No comments:
Post a Comment