Tuesday, December 23, 2008

A Christmas Camp site

Well, I guess I can barely see the lights on the back of the bus at this size. Oh well, there are Christmas lights back there and our wreath from Maine that Mom and Art gave us. There are about 20 camp sites here and about half of them are decorated. We also put up lights inside the coach to make it more festive and it is quite nice. The weather is milder today and quite comfortable. I did see my first armadillo today but only his back end as he scrambled into the brush. The armadillos are the only ones who can stand living in the brushland here. The burrs and pickers are treacherous. If the dogs even wander a bit off the trail they get pickers in their feet and we have to pull them out. Now I see how the armadillos have survived. In Louisiana there were many but I never saw any alive, only dead ones that had been hit by cars. Road pizzas they called them. This seems like a better habitat for the little fellows. We did a bit of touring around today and some shopping, a long walk with the dogs in the park. Enjoying it very much.

No comments: