Monday, December 22, 2008

Am I in Heaven Yet?


So here we are finally at Fernandina Beach. It is so beautiful, more beautiful than I imagined. The dunes photo is what we see right outside our front window. As the light changes, it changes and so wonderfully. The trees and the Spanish moss are the entrance to the state part (Fort Clinch State Park) and it goes on for a mile or so. It is a wonderful magical tunnel of moss and palms. We see the palms out our back window. When we arrived Richard was unhooking the jeep and saw an armadillo run by. He called me out to see it but it was gone and I managed to get into a patch of very prickly burrs. Ouch!! It's cold here but sunny, can't complain. I think this is going to be a wonderful place to spend the holidays.

No comments: