Sunday, December 20, 2009

Snow - pretty but not too convenient

So here we are with sooooo much snow, 20+ inches or so. Amazing, lots of digging out. Richard just took off in the jeep to clean off the walkway at the office. We did venture out yesterday with the jeep and the main road here, Rt. 50, was a mess. It was fun though to get out and see everything. The old jeep is amazing in the snow.

Yesterday was a delivery day for our CSA farmer and he did it! Only a couple of hours late. We were amazed to see wonderful fresh lettuces, radishes, bok choy, broccoli and sweet potatoes. What a dedicated guy. The winter shares are wonderfully delicate and very fresh tasting. So much better than the grocery store fare.

Today I am finishing up Christmas cards. Late as usual. But really my energy just came back. I don't think I could have managed it earlier. I am still feeling the effects of radiation but I do feel a lot better. I am ready for a relaxing and fun Holiday vacation!

1 comment:

Joyce said...

Hi, Chuckie, since I know you love animation, check out this stop-motion film on youtube: fun!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evhKIsEdrJw

Have a wonderful holiday! Can't wait to see your card, this year I hope to get one out to you, too (I am also late--true to form)!

Joyce