Saturday, September 5, 2009

Rana Catesbeiana and Scans

Pictures of my week: This amazing male bullfrog (Rana Catesbeiana) and a new bone scan. Actually the best pic of the week was a clear brain scan. I had been having strange headaches for months which are now fading. It turns out they were side effects of the antibiotic Flagyl that I took many moons ago. My bone scan was good and bad. Good: the femurs are both clear, the rib that hurts is clear - apparently it is just an old injury now that aches and the shoulder areas are much better. Unfortunately my spine is a bit worse as is my sacrum/pelvis so an MRI has been ordered to better look at the problem. I am having some numbness in my left thigh and my right toes so they are concerned with the nerves I guess. Actually, I am not going to try second guessing Dr. Armstrong at this point and will give you more news after my appointment with her on the 14th. Hopefully I will get the MRI too by then but that is iffy since the insurance company insists on playing games. Our present insurer hates to okay MRIs for some reason. Usually they are pretty good but with MRIs they are absurd.

How am I feeling? Great!!! I have boundless energy and am now swimming 5 days a week if I can. I have lost over 5 lbs., yes, on purpose, trying to get into better shape. Richard is exercising and eating better too now so he is benefitting from this as well.

And Rana Catesbeiana? This guy has been sitting absolutely motionless on the same rock for hours. Not a huge amount of bugs around but enough no doubt. It is a beautiful warm day. I am sitting on the porch enjoying it along with Mr. Froggy.

No comments: