Just had to post this photo of these beautiful little eggplants from my CSA. This was 3 weeks ago and I picked up a couple more last Saturday but that's it for these cute little guys. Also feeling sad about no more heirloom tomatoes. My favorites were the green zebras but they were all tasty in Heirloom Tomato salad. The organic veggie I won't miss is sweet corn, yuck worms. Apparently it is unavoidable in truly organic sweet corn. It did taste good, just a yucky pain to clean and shuck them. One thing I am looking forward to with this cool weather are fresh lettuces and other greens. You sure get to know the growing seasons when you belong to a local CSA.
Wednesday, September 2, 2009
Last of the Baby Eggplants
Just had to post this photo of these beautiful little eggplants from my CSA. This was 3 weeks ago and I picked up a couple more last Saturday but that's it for these cute little guys. Also feeling sad about no more heirloom tomatoes. My favorites were the green zebras but they were all tasty in Heirloom Tomato salad. The organic veggie I won't miss is sweet corn, yuck worms. Apparently it is unavoidable in truly organic sweet corn. It did taste good, just a yucky pain to clean and shuck them. One thing I am looking forward to with this cool weather are fresh lettuces and other greens. You sure get to know the growing seasons when you belong to a local CSA.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment