Sunday, April 26, 2009

Travels with Chuckie



So once again we are on the road, this time to Elk Neck State Park at the top of the Chesapeake Bay. The weather this weekend is summer but the trees and buds are spring. On Saturday we chose the Orange Trail and it turned out to be very hilly and quite long, 2 hours. It was quite a workout in the heat but overall enjoyable. I really loved the moss there and the delicate little spring flowers. I thought I would get a lot of reading and writing accomplished but really, all I did was sit around and enjoy the peace and quiet. 

When we returned home we had a lovely surprise because all the leaves were out on our trees and once again we have a canopy. The woods are back so the house was cool even in this unseasonable heat. Everyone of us is pooped, especially Tater, who fell asleep on my stinky sweaty shoes. "mmmmmm, smell good to me," says Tater.





2 comments:

Lee said...

Oh! gorgeous - I do love photos of your lovely dogs. love Lee

Lee said...

The country side looks gorgeous also - what a good idea to just sit and enjoy it. I'm off very soon on my "big" walk, although I haven't done enough preparation, walking up hills etc with my pack, so I'll just have to hope to toughen up when I'm there (I hope that's not too optimistic). The greatest challenge is managing to keep what I need for three and a bit weeks down to 6 kgs, because that's all I can carry on my back. I'll let you know how I go.