Sunday, April 12, 2009

Our annual Easter trip

Every Easter weekend, at least for the last three years, we travel to Kiptopeke State Park at the very bottom of the Delmarva Peninsula. It is a real treat in the early season and usually there is a special surprise but not this year. The first year we went we got a snow storm that was not in the forecast, some 4 inches and beautiful! The second year we saw a harbor seal resting on the beach, most unusual. And this year? Pretty mundane but we still had a great time. I enjoyed the long hike we did on Saturday on the Songbird Trail which we had not done before. It took 2 hours and was most enjoyable, except at the end when a cold front brought in chilly winds and pelting rain. Today we thought of walking on the beach as we did on Friday but we were pooped out.

So back to reality, except for the chocolate bunny Richard got for me. I am going to make it last!! (famous last words)

4 comments:

Joyce said...

Re the chocolate: chockfull of antioxidants, so what the hey, indulge! At least that's my theory, and I'm sticking to it.

The Easter Bunny was kind here, but we did our egg hunt indoors as temps were cold. Your weekend sounds lovely.

ChuckieFrog said...

ditto the bunny...I still have some left! yum yum

Debbie Young said...

CF!!!!!!!!! you go with those cute pups!
I want to see more pictures of you doing all your fun stuff, how about a qi gong one?
:)
deb xoxo

ChuckieFrog said...

Thanks Debbie! qigong is next!!!!