We just got back from spending the weekend on Assateague Island. Richard's brother Tom surprised us and joined us since he had a meeting scheduled in Baltimore on Monday. So hooray, it became a family thing.The weather was cool and clear, very beautiful and peaceful. The wild ponies of the island visited the campground often as well as the deer. It was fun watching them run and cavort.
It was good for me to get away from the computer for the weekend. I love the peace and quiet of these days. Long walks on the beach with family does wonders for the soul.

2 comments:
Hi Charlie, that looks as good as an Australian beach! I'll have to stop making such chauvinistic comments now about our beaches. I had a long walk yesterday of at least 12 kms with a light back pack and was absolutely exhausted at night - I realise I'll have to build up more slowly to (I'm hoping)20 kms - maybe wishful thinking. I love those beautiful ponies.
Hi, old snake, I have been checking in here since I got your Xmas letter and finally figured out how to join! Hard to believe I'm the webmaster for my employer, huh???
I'm so glad you're blogging, it's been wonderful to keep up with you this way. BTW, you have inspired me to investigate my local CSA, I'll let you know if I come up with any great recipes for kohlrabi.
Joyce
Post a Comment