The ACE Breakfast was last week and went very well. Pictured are the students with one of the best projects. The old Lowe's building in Easton has been empty for quite a long time and they proposed a plan to convert it to a recreation center. An excellent idea! All the students on this particular team are from Easton High School.Last Monday I met with my new oncologist, Deborah Armstrong. It was good to review my 20 years of medical history at Johns Hopkins. My records are now in 2 volumes and each is an inch thick. We decided that I would do genetic testing to see if I have the BRCA gene. It should help in deciding what steps we will take next. For now I have a volume of papers to fill out that involve my health history and my family and their health histories. Otherwise Dr. Armstrong gave me a very hopeful outlook, very encouraging.
I also would like to welcome my friend Lee Bickford of Western Australia as a new follower. Lee and I met a long long time ago at the Norwegian Y in London. We had some fun adventures together in the UK and we have corresponded ever since then. Hmmm, I think it was 1977, 31 years ago??? Oh my.
1 comment:
Hi Charlie, thanks for welcoming me to your wonderful blogg which I've been following and enjoying for a long time, but without comment due to a very low level of technological skills. Along with your news I've really enjoyed your photos, especially of the very cute doggie members of your family having fun in the snow. What great news from your oncologist. You're doing so well and I can only admire your energy and how much you do. Things are now going well for me also with final surgery last Monday, and now 9 weeks to prepare for my adventure on the camino de Santiago in Spain with Emily. love from Leexx
Post a Comment