Sunday, October 3, 2010

Catching Up with Life in General

Today I am playing catch-up once again. Same old story. I feel great and buzz around catching up on laundry, correspondence, my blog and all sorts of things. This is after a week of feeling miserable with allergies and an infection. So after many pills (ugh), I am feeling a bit better. I am always leery of drugs because I often suffer side effects but I did okay this time.

Last week we had a wonderful time at the ACE Wine and Cheese Party at Charlie Thorton's. His house is amazing for a party and he always has the best food and drink. Of course, I don't drink anymore but I hear it is just fine! We also went to the annual St. Michaels Concours d'Elegance at the Maritime Museum. The weather was perfect and the cars were so beautiful. It was well attended and I am sure it was a great success.

In a few days I am going to visit my Naturopath and I am going to thank her profusely for what she has done for me. I did not realize it but on her prescribed diet I had lost 11 lbs. and never felt starved, not at all. And I just had a cholesterol test and lo and behold my numbers are normal for the first time in my tested life. As I probably mentioned before I am on a whole foods diet that includes organic vegetables, fruits, wild caught fish, grass-fed meats and grains like brown rice and quinoa. I have cut out cane sugars, corn syrup, gluten and cow dairy. I don't feel perfect all the time but relatively good considering my medical condition and the drugs I have to take.

Tom Edwards is visiting us this weekend and so today the brothers Edwards are off to the Maritime Museum to enjoy the small craft (boat) show and to sight see a bit. I am on my way to pilates. I need to step up my exercise after the long respite.

3 comments:

Joyce said...

Thanks for the update, I'm glad you are feeling well.

Just have to tell you I bought the "Whole Life Nutrition Cookbook" recently based on really liking some of the recipes you posted from that awhile back. WOW, so many great dishes to try--it really seems the authors have tested and refined the recipes, I haven't made one yet we haven't liked (3-year-old included).

Joyce

ChuckieFrog said...

That is so great. I really love that book. I also like a cookbook called "Simply in Season" that was given to me with my farm share.

Also you can buy a lot of the flours etc. through Berry Farms online. Very reasonable.

Joyce said...

Thanks for the tips, I will definitely check them out.

I am so going to miss our local farmers' market. We've gotten frost 2 days in a row here, I guess I can kiss those wonderful heirloom tomatoes good-bye.