Saturday, September 4, 2010

To Maine and back again

Here I am, trying to get enough energy to write in my blog. Today I had to buy provisions for the house after our trip so I shopped all morning, then we pulled more than a few weeds as our home was now located in a weed jungle. Yes, the weeds took over while we were gone. Our old tractor mower died so Richard bought a new one and now we are trimmed up...except for the front pond where the weeds are still winning. Tomorrow promises to be another lovely day so we will get out there tomorrow. Look out weeds!

We had a really nice visit to Maine and it was good to get together with family. I did have the trauma of 3 sick doggies when we left but in the course of the week they improved. I think they are just getting older and I really need to be careful about what they eat. I never realized that changing their food suddenly can be a problem. Now I know.

The photo was the view from our campsite in Addison. It was a lovely view of the Pleasant River there. It was so peaceful. The campground had only 6 sites so it was nice and quiet. We just loved the view. Mother and Art's place was only a few miles away, very convenient.

While in Maine I also had the pleasure of seeing my old friend Lee Bickford after 34 years apart. We were good friends in London and had a bit of fun traveling here and there in England during that great time in the 70s. We have been writing ever since. Lee is in the US visiting her friend Bernie Beckman who lives near Skowhegan where we camped. Bernie is an accomplished artist so we got to see his studio and his lovely property. The dogs really enjoyed a walk in the woods there.

So here we are again. The graphic design business is doing a bit better and the pewter business is really doing well. Hurricane Earl did not do much but left some lovely weather behind, nice breeze, fresh air. I am back to doctors again. Mostly just the usual tests but feeling quite well. I am so ready to exercise again. I still do not have the OK to swim. I am trying to be patient. The best thing is I am feeling my energy coming back, the best it has been since the last radiation session. All is well.

No comments: