Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Strange Veg

Today our garden produced a siamese twin squash and a cucumber with a huge circumference. Actually our garden is doing great. The squash, cucumbers and tomatoes are some of the best I have tasted. Even the dogs like them, especially the squash.

I have been crazy today running around getting tests for my pre-op. The operation happens mid-month and should not be a big deal. I sure hope that is true. But I have heard it from my doctors and others who have had laproscopic surgery. Anyway, a bit of bed rest after will probably be good for my back. My acupuncturist is going to give me a treatment before that should help too.

With all this happening it turns out little miss Suki is somewhat diabetic so we are giving her insulin shots now. It is not as bad as I would have thought and the best thing is that she is acting like her horrible little self again.

We have just been through a terrible hot spell here in Maryland but now things are cooling back to normal. Generally we don't get weather like this in June, mostly in July and August.

No comments: